A persuasive essay is a written work where the writer’s job is to convince the audience that his point of view is the correct one. The goal of a persuasive essay is met through a variety of different methods. One of the most effective ways of crafting a successful persuasive essay is to choose the right topic.
A good persuasive essay topic is not too broad — otherwise it will be difficult for you to focus on the matter. It also doesn’t need to be factual, because it’s difficult to argue with the facts. An essential factor for choosing an argumentative essay topic is to choose a topic you are personally interested in — only then you will be able to convincingly defend it for the audience.
It also often pays off to take a risk with your topic and choose something you are not too familiar with but are willing to explore. Finally, you should always think of your audience and their views when picking a topic for your persuasive essay.
What are the Best Persuasive Essay Topics?
If you haven’t been assigned a persuasive essay topic by your instructor, you are free to choose nearly any topic you like. Of course, the ultimate choice of the topic will depend on many factors, including the study field, your academic level, and personal interests. Here are 75 persuasive essay topics you are guaranteed to like.
College Persuasive Essay Topics
- What measures can we take to stop bullying in schools?
- Should we allow parents to have a bigger impact on the education?
- The effect of fast food on modern students.
- All schools should introduce uniforms.
- Methods of combating stress for college students.
- More colleges should teach gender studies in detail.
- The humanity actively influences the global warming.
- Obesity is the number one problem for young people.
- The use of mobile phones should be banned in schools.
- Celebrities have a right to privacy.
Funny Persuasive Essay Topics
- Mothers and fathers can be equally fun parents.
- You don’t need to be friends with good people you don’t actually like.
- “Dumb blondes” is a 100% myth.
- How to use horoscopes as an excuse for everything.
- More men should wear pink and glitter.
- Women comedians are as funny as men.
- The alcohol ban in schools should be lifted.
- Students should have to pay for parking.
- Why you shouldn’t let your parents follow your social media.
- The benefits of playing video games 24 hours a day.
Persuasive Writing Topics 2019
- The Facebook minimal age should be lifted.
- Medical marijuana should be made more accessible.
- Our society needs to ban racial slurs for good.
- Violent video games influence the behaviour of children.
- Drivers over 75 should pass yearly driving exams.
- We should introduce better control for guns.
- Health care should be universally available.
- Animal abuse is a reason for imprisonment.
- The maternal leave should be longer.
- The school testing process should be fundamentally changed.
Persuasive Essay Topics For High School
- Rich people should pay more taxes.
- School education should be more focused on arts.
- Hate crime is a growing problem in schools.
- Censorship on the internet is absolutely necessary.
- Parents should get access to paternity leave.
- National security is more valuable than individual privacy.
- Education should be free for everyone.
- The younger generation can teach the older one a lot.
- The global warming is the #1 problem we need to solve.
- Students should learn more than one language.
Interesting Persuasive Essay Topics
- Genetically modified food is actually safe to eat.
- More countries should switch to electric-only vehicles.
- Human behaviour is more influenced by nature than upbringing.
- Money is the biggest reason to be happy.
- Advertising can really warp our perspective.
- Can the world live without borders?
- Recycling cannot save the planet.
- Minimum wage should be raised.
- Alternative energy sources are the future.
- Making and buying fur clothes is a violation of ethics.
Easy Persuasive Essay Topics
- Soda drinks should be banned in schools.
- Medical care should be cheaper.
- The retirement age should be lower.
- Living spontaneously is the only way to be happy.
- Single-use bags should be banned from school.
- Breakfast is the most important meal of the day.
- Vaping is not a safe alternative to smoking.
- Teachers should be paid more.
- Every biker should wear a bike helmet.
- More people should donate blood.
Animal Persuasive Essay Topics
- Farm animals should not be given steroids.
- Zoos and circuses harm the animals.
- Exotic animals should not be kept as pets.
- A vegan diet isn’t that helpful for the animals.
- Foxes could make great house pets.
- Pets can be trained through encouragement, not punishment.
- Hunting should be banned all over the world.
- Adopting a pet is better than buying.
- Breeding animals for sale is immoral.
- Animals that are at a risk of going extinct.
Persuasive Essay Topics For Middle School
- Children should not be left home alone until they are 12.
- Chores are an important part of the upbringing.
- Junk food should be banned from schools.
- Pocket money teaches children money management.
- Modern students get too much homework.
While choosing a strong topic is an important part of a persuasive essay writing process, it’s only the first step. To do a fantastic job with your persuasive essay, your writing process should include the following steps:
- Identify your position and collect supporting evidence for your views.
- Imagine your audience and their position. Will they agree with you or do they need to be convinced?
- Find the arguments that will resonate with your audience.
- Consider the possible objections to your position and how you are going to rebuff them.
- Plan the structure of your essay and stick to it as you write.
- Step by step, write the introduction, the body paragraphs, and the conclusion for your essay.
- When you finish writing, proofread and edit your work to make sure it doesn’t contain inconsistencies or logical and grammar mistakes.